Monday 30 March 2009

It's a snap(shot)!

I totally agree with Betta’s post on images: that of photo sources is a problematic issue. Finding a useful photo on the net is very easy, but discovering if it's possible to use it is not so immediate. More often than not photos on the net are covered by copyrights, so they cannot be copied and then pasted somewhere else, otherwise you’d break the law.
When you find an image that you want to use try to find out as much information as possible concerning the right to use it and always remember to put the link from which you took that image.


Another great tip that I’ve got from the teacher is to use
Flickr, which is an image and video hosting website (online community for photo sharing) with plenty of photos. The good thing is that each photo is accompanied by some specific symbols explaining the way in which you are licensed to use that photo (i.e. if it is covered or not by copyright). These symbols are - technically speaking - the Creative Commons license: each symbol represents a type of license.

Well, as regards my blog I've put the link of each photo at the end of my posts, while if you click on the photos on my sidebar they take you directly where I found them.

Hope you'll find some useful news!

Bye
Giorgia

0 reactions: